All You Need To Know About The Format For A Psychology Dissertation
Psychology is a true fascinating subject for almost any student. It is one of the only classes that can keep any pupil concentrated and interested with the lesson. Since it is so closely connected with each one of us, you can be sure that writing a paper on this subject can be a challenge and a pleasure at the same time. You can choose to analyze any human behavior or any problem that you or your classmates are facing. To help you get a good dissertation, follow these guidelines:
- Go for something common. If you want to spend more time searching for solutions than making research, chose as a topic a problem that is common and that you are facing every day. Each person has his own challenges, but there are some that are frequent among people your age. You already experience them so you can provide a very clear perspective and it can be very helpful for your students.
- Write your personal experience. When you discuss an issue that you are familiar with, it can be a good point to present your own story about this. It will make it personal but in the same time you will have real information at your fingertips since you are writing about yourself. Also, it will allow your students to know you better and maybe to understand themselves.
- Social problems. More than half of the teenagers nowadays deal with some kind of anxiety or depression. Even if it seems like nothing for some, it can really affect them in the long term. It is such a common problem that some parents consider it normal or a phase related to the age. Discuss the symptoms, the solutions and how somebody can get passed this.
- Use other sources. Even if you have good knowledge and a valid opinion about a matter, it is always better to find out the opinion of specialized people about this. Psychologists or therapists can give you a professional perspective on the matter, and they can offer solutions that you would not be able to find on your own.
- Do not be harsh. When it comes to sensitive matters like discrimination or bullying, you can become harsher than you would like. Even if the situation is not pleasant, you need to explain it from a neutral point of view, not to attack the people who commit this kind of crimes.